If you haven't entered my giveaway for a copy of THE NEXT DOOR BOYS, you totally should.
This Friday 5 is devoted to my 5 favorite passages from the novel!
1) "We only see what's close to us, but if we allow ourselves to simply feel, and not see, we can understand so much more."
2) "I'll never be the same girl." I paused, thinking. "I hope I'm never the same girl. I learned too much. It would seem like such a wasted experience if I lost it." << I think that this is my absolute fav!
3) "I love you so much that I'll hang with you in the backyard while you're wearing your grungiest sweatpants and haven't showered in two days. I'll call you beautiful and mean it. I'll be with you forever because I want to be, not because we have to be." It was the little things that mattered, not the big ones.
4) "Have you prayed about it?" I asked.
"Is that always the answer?" He didn't move.
"Not always, but it is always the start of the answer. Or the start of feeling better."
5) I did know I'd be okay, once I got past that initial fear. But my definition of okay was probably a little different than yours. The doctors were all positive, but I still didn't know if I'd survive it or not. Either way, I knew I'd be okay. I didn't know how to tell everyone that I didn't care if I lived or died, because it would be a scary thing to hear. But I could tell people I'd be okay, and it was the honest answer."